cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPE for the WT-2700 System

tmehok
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard when a low cost CPE wireless modem may be ready for an ISP to use at residential sites. I had heard that it would be ready by end of summer but have not seen any announcements.

5 Replies 5

bruiter
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, this is the latest I've heard.

Two Options:

1. The new UBR950/951 being released by Cisco will be out according to many sources by late Q4 of this year. Estimated Price Tag: $2500 - 3000.

2. Pace Microsystems out of the UK is coming out with a modem due out sometime late next year which will be in the 600.00 range. It will have an integrated VOIP chipset as well. They are just beginning Alpha testing next month.

Both are good strides forward considering the current CPE pricing.

Thanks for the info Brad. How is business in Western Michigan? Is there a big demand for Broadband Wireless Internet access? We just put in a point-to-point connection spanning 12 miles utilizing the UBr platform and I am considering a start up of my own. Any advice!

I spoke with Jonathan Goostray of PACE this morning. He said 'some' beta units are out but he does not expect to be able to deliver test/demo units until January '02 - this is from a first demo date of mid October. He did say there are a few of the UBR 950's out and that he heard they are working well. I can't get anyone at Cisco to tell me about 950/951 availability. Ken

danyel.beaudoin
Level 1
Level 1

I had heard the uBR951 and 952 will be late. the initial date was september and now the new date is december for announcement.

We had use both of them ( on a EBC in san jose ) and is a great solution low cost and very effectife. this solution will help us to position a lot of uBR 7223 and 7246 in campus an municipal customer

The whole Clarity line of wireless gear has been killed by Cisco. You won't be seeing any CPE gear, ever.

We were members of Cisco's Advanced Technology Program for Fixed Broadband Wireless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: