cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPU Receive Multicast Queue is full on Controller

sanamon
Level 1
Level 1

Lately we've started getting this alarm om some of the controllers (we have 18 controllers). Does anyone have any more information on what the severity of this is, an how to troubleshoot?

The WCS help text for this alarm is "This indicates that a high level of ARP traffic is being received at the Controller. Continued receipt of this notification may indicate the presence of an ARP storm on the network to which the controller is attached."

It doesn't say however if this is a problem on the "AP side" of the controller or on the "infrastructure side"

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

A 4400 series controller running software release 3.1.105.0 may fail to respond to ARP requests for the ap-manager2 interface's IP address when the ARP request is addressed at the MAC layer to the unicast MAC address of the interface rather than to the broadcast MAC address. As a result, there may be sporadic interruptions in connectivity at ARP refresh time, resulting in the periodic loss of associations for access points associated through the ap-manager2 interface.

If you are using above release I would recommend upgrading the controller to version 3.2.171.5. I hope it may help you.

i've 6 wism's with code 4.1.181 and still get this same messages. how can this be minimized, if not eliminated?

ours are running 4.2.62.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card