Helpful
Replies

data rate configurations

saleh.iskandar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

in cisco WLC,

can we disable certain data rate for specific WLAN/SSID  instead of using global paramaters ???

(Wireless > 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n Network to open the 802.11a (or 802.11b/g) Global Parameters page)

12 Replies 12

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No sorry .. Global only ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
can we disable certain data rate for specific WLAN/SSID  instead of using global paramaters ???

Yes you can.  If you enable RF Profile.  Wireless > RF Profile

NOTE:  Not available in all codes.  I believe it's supported in 7.3.X and up.

When we apply rf profile , does it means we associate the rf profile to AP groups ?

Therefore I think, it is per AP level (affecting all WLAN inside)  not per WLAN/SSID.

When we apply rf profile , does it means we associate the rf profile to AP groups ?

Yes.

Therefore I think, it is per AP level (affecting all WLAN inside)  not per WLAN/SSID.

No.  It's SSID-level too.  You put your APs in an AP Group, attach the RF Profile in.

I just got schooled !

+5 Leo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Haha

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the ratings, George. 

Rf profiles made their debut in 7.2

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

To define the data rates on a per-SSID basis, do the following:

1. Define  the average data rate TCP traffic per SSID by entering the rate in Kbps  in the Average Data Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates that the  value specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect.
  2. Define the  peak data rate for TCP traffic per SSID by entering the rate in Kbps in  the Burst Data Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates that the value  specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect. 
    Note   

The burst data rate should  be greater than or equal to the average data rate. Otherwise, the QoS  policy may block traffic in the WLANs.

3. Define the  average real-time rate for UDP traffic per SSID by entering the rate in  Kbps in the Average Real-Time Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates  that the value specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect.
  4. Define  the peak real-time rate for UDP traffic per SSID by entering the rate in  Kbps in the Burst Real-Time Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates  that the value specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect. 
    Note   

The burst real-time rate  should be greater than or equal to the average real-time rate.  Otherwise, the QoS policy may block traffic in the WLANs.

Please refer the below link  ( Qos )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01010111.html

I think he was asking for PHY rates not thoughtput .. And btw RF profile is based around AP not SSID.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

george is right

I am asking for PHY rate

And also I agree with george, RF profile is around AP not SSID.

Well, FYI, I experienced with Aruba in the past, and Aruba Mobility Controller can do rate configurations around

virtual AP/SSID (not per AP level).

thanks all !.

regards

Saleh Iskandar

Which leads me back to my original comment , it's not supported .. Lol

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card