cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight saving time

rotran
Level 1
Level 1

Ive got a WLSE and a bunch of APs, Can I push out a command from the WLSE to update all the APs so that they are prepared to support DST this weekend? Or do I have to do this manually for every AP?

5 Replies 5

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Think we can update all the APs to support DST at the same time.WLSE uses only UTC time. In the WLSE GUI, local time is displayed by converting UTC time using client browser scripts. WLSE will automatically update to DST based on the offset value provided by the client browser. Therefore, to ensure correct display of time, make sure that the browser you are using has the latest DST updates.

Access Points:

Unified - The start and end of DST does not affect Cisco lightweight access points. The lightweight access points do not require local time for operation. All logs and reports are generated and maintained by the wireless LAN controllers.

Autonomous - Cisco autonomous access points run Cisco IOS® Software, and DST is fully supported. The user must upgrade to Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(11)JA1 or 12.3(8)JEA1 or later for both releases..

I have 12.3(8) on all the APs, so what is the next step to update them? Or will they already be updated as long as the browser is using the latest DST updates for the WLSE?

Update the code on the APs. Make sure to follow all steps of the upgrade process in the release notes. This includes in intermediary upgrades.

I actually meant that I already have the required version of code on my APs, just wondering now how I can use the WLSE to push a command for the DST update so that all my APs get updated with the new time.

I have 12.3(8) on all the APs, so what is the next step to update them? Or will they already be updated as long as the browser is using the latest DST updates for the WLSE?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card