Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete AP in Prime fails

Hi there,

I try to delete some old APs which are moved to another WLC/Prime world or just the WLC was removed. I'm not sure what my colleauges did in Detail. But when I do it, the AP stay in the prime without an error message.

The AP is not Associated and not registerd, Audit Missmatch

Any idea?

regards,
Sebastian

7 Replies 7

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Until the access point successfully joins a wireless controller the access point cannot be managed by Prime Infrastructure. Please check if the APs are joined to the new WLC

Hi,

I'd like to come back to that topic again.

The Problem I have, the APs are gone to another comapany we sold, also the WLC. Now I still have those APs in my list and can't delete them.

Is there any hidden stuff or something I don't see in the moment to delete them.

regards,

Sebastian

Is that also my problem in 2.1?
CSCuo41873

How can I proced in detail with that deleting?

Your question is old but I had quite a time finding the location to delete an AP from Prime 3.0 also. Click on the 3 line menu bar in the top left corner. Then hover over inventory and select Network Devices under the Device Management heading. Using the drop down Unified AP you can select all by just clicking the Unified AP or you can isolate the models by selecting the appropriate model under the Unified AP drop down. Select the AP you want to delete by placing a check mark in the box to the left op the AP. Once an AP, or many AP's) is/are selected the red X Delete at the top will be available to click. Hope this helps anyone else that had any issues finding the delete. 

Helped me today.  Did not know to find the "X" and use that.  Thanks!

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GUI - click on Monitoring > All Access Points > Clear (to the right of the AP you want removed).

thanks, one strange behavior..in lifecylce view I can search for the APs, in the classical view I Need to work with your post, I don't find the AP anymore..

In the Moment I "tread water"...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card