Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Truemobile and Aironet 1200 connections issues

I have 2 Dell laptops with the truemobile 1300 package trying to connect via the Aironet 1200. The Aironet is configured with 40 bit WEP and nothing else.

They are associating but both do not pickup IP's via DHCP. Looks like no traffic is passing at all.

If I static them they will pass traffic.

I searched for similar issues and found a number of posts on this topic (Dell Truemobile problems) but no resolutions. At this point we are ready to scrap the true mobile cards. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Dell Truemobile and Aironet 1200 connections issues

Are there other wireless cards associating successfully to the AP1200? Since you are able to assign a static address and connectivity is fine, does not sound like a preamble problem between the Dell TM client and AP. Are you able to view the DHCP server console, is the DHCP server receiving the request?

Re: Dell Truemobile and Aironet 1200 connections issues

Hi pallette,

Yes other cards are associating and the TM's are showing as associated as well. The problem is getting an IP. All other cards are able to get an IP except the truemobiles. DHCP is up, running, and servicing requests. As far as the DHCP server receiving the request from the TM cards through the AP I don't know. In regards to whether it is or not I don't know how to tell. I do know that (at least from what I am seeing) there is nothing preventing it.

Thanks for your help.

edit:typo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content