cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deny access to internal network from guest WLAN.

luthierone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I followed the steps outlined in this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008070ba8f.shtml

...of course I modified it a bit. And it all works, I am just a little confused at why it works if someone could explain to me. I understand everything except why the guest wlan can't access the internal wired network but the internal wlan clients can. They are just two totally different networks right? I never saw an access list to deny traffic...but after everything was set up, it worked as it said on our network. Maybe I just overlooked something that I entered in the router config?

thanks,

1 Reply 1

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

I am sure there will be some restriction for the vlan which you might have configured for your guest wlan.

On the switch or on the router but somewhere. Controller just looks the wlan from the client and assign the vlan which is mapped to that wlan and nothing more than that so to have an access to guest wlan for the internal network or not you need to have some access filter for that vlan which is assigne dto guest wlan somewhere on your network.

Can you post the config of your switch and router so that we can have a look?

Regards,

Ankur

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card