cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying and keeping backups of AP1200 configs

jmagnusson
Level 1
Level 1

Deployed 22 AP's and have 100 plus coming down the pipe. Had to manually manipulate the config .ini file foe all 22 AP's to configure them. Once I was completed I had to make serval changes. Now I dont have a valid config file to restore an AP is it dies. Unable to upload entire config to WLSE. How are others working around these limitations. I am used to being able to upload a router config and store it incase i ever needed to restore it. Cisco has left out , WEP keps, shared secrets, radio being turned off when you upload the config to WLSE.

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

In the recent versions of WLSE, it has the capability to backup the configuration. You can go through the following document to get information on this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_tech_note09186a00801696cf.shtml

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

If you have to, read the MIB files for the version of the AP software you're running. You can find the syntax for setting WEP keys, shared secrets, usernames and pwds, etc...

Add the parameter/value statements you need to your ini file, and you're good to do...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card