cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining SSID you're connected to?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a way to determine which AP you're connected to?

I don't have a WLC, but have several access points in infrastructure mode. Of course, all of the APs have the same SSID. Is there a way to figure out exactly which one I'm connected to at the time?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
2 Replies 2

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

Without the WLC or without logging in to each AP and looking for yourself as a client to that AP, this is can be done from your client depending on what software you use to manage your wireless connection.

I know that with the latest Intel PRO/Set wireless software/driver you can see all the Access Points by name or Mac-Address with that SSID and then it will show you the name and mac-address of the AP you are connected to.

So with that said, I'm assuming other wireless management software does the same. It may just need a nice software upgrade to do it.

Sorry I don't have much details...

olympicridge
Level 1
Level 1

Yes depending on what wireless client radio you are using. What brand/model wirless unit are you using to connect?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: