Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP assignment over Wireless

Hi,

Issue

My end-points in LAN are not able to get DHCP address from thenew DHCP server

Scenario

I have 2 DHCP servers on my LAN, i have configured 2 IP helper address statements on the gateway switch pointing to the 2 DHCP servers along with smart-relay command. Subnet 1 (currently running) scope is able to provide IP's to the clients both thru LAN & wireless, works fine and there is no problem.

Configured a new DHCP server with new subnet scope, if i assign an IP statically to the end-points both on LAN & wireless but when i configure it for DHCP assignement it does not take an IP from the new subnet even if the old scope is full.

NOTE - I have 2 WLC (AIR-WLC2125-K9) configured for HA mode

commands that i have configured configured on my network

vlan 1 on Gateway Switch

ip helper-address x.x.x.x

ip helper address y.y.y.y              

ip dhcp smart-relay

Wireless Controller 2125 (both the controllers)

Login --> Controller Tab -- AP-Manager Interface -- DHCP Information -- DHCP Primary -- x.x.x.x

Login --> Controller Tab -- AP-Manager Interface -- DHCP Information -- DHCP Secondary -- y.y.y.y

Appreciate if someone could put some light into this for, many thanks for the support in advacne.

regards

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: DHCP assignment over Wireless

This is a duplicate post on the Getting Started with Wireles. No need to post a question to multiple Mobility forums.... since we look at all of them:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

DHCP assignment over Wireless

Yes i did it there first and then thought i was in the wrong section so posted it here agin.

Views
Helpful
Replies