Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP issue with WLC in Novell environment

Hi Sir,

I'm setting up a WLC 4402-12.

There are several VLAN interfaces defined. Each acts as a DHCP relay for wireless clients associated to WLANs mapped to the interface.

Everything works fine. Wireless clients able to associate to the APs, obtain IP addresses from the enterprise DHCP server, and get connected to the routed network. When I do "ipconfig /all" on the client, I notice the DHCP server is the IP address of the WLC virtual interface, which I set to 1.x.x.1. I understand this is normal behavior because the virtual interface acts as the DHCP server placeholder for wireless clients that obtain their IP address from a DHCP server.

However, it poses problem in my environment where client needs to connect back to the DHCP server to download some Novell options. This causes Novell services to fail on the clients.

Is there any workaround? I tried to remove the DHCP relay from the VLAN interfaces. Instead, I configured "ip helper-address" on the upstream router to do the relay. It doesn't work.

Please help.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DHCP issue with WLC in Novell environment

The issue is due to dhcp server address shown in the debugs. The dhcp server address configured has changed automatically in the debug output.

Hello Limtohsoon

I have the exact same problem as you had. Did you ever find a solution to it ?

/Dan

Same here, any solution found?

See if disabling DHCP Proxy will give you the desired results.

(corp-wlc) >config dhcp proxy disable

(corp-wlc) >show dhcp proxy

DHCP Proxy Behaviour: disabled

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_note09186a008061d419.html#wp55063

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content