Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP Option for WLAN Controller in IOS

Hi
How to configure DHCP option to specify WLAN controller information in cisco ios DHCP config.
I need to supply controller ip address to new LAP installed , i hava a dhcp scope for management ip address for the LAP. Also i have configured switch port dot1q trunk and with native vlan as management vlan.

Please help

Thanks
Shanil
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here you go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml#p3

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
9 REPLIES

Here you go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml#p3

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Re: DHCP Option for WLAN Controller in IOS

Thank you very much steve. Coild you please advice the hexa string for ip 10.1.0.240

Thanks
Shanil

f104.0a01.00f0

should be the right hex code

HTH,
Steve

Si i need to configure in dhcp scope,

Option 43 hex f104.0a01.00f0

Right?

that is correct!

HTH,
Steve

I have configured the same but now ap is getting ips keep on changing one by one and its not registering with controller.

But if i configured the AP manually and with no dhcp its registering with controller and working fine

Please help

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You have an issue with the DHCP or the AP. if the ap has joined the WLC already, it should fine the WLC after it gets an dhcp address. If you manually configure its with a static and it joins, then removing the static and the ap getting a successful dhcp address it should find the WLC.

Try connecting a laptop to that port and verifying it works and it switch the port around. You can also console into the ap while you reboot it as that shows exactly what's happening. If your ap constantly request an IP address, then you need to figure out why.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks scot..

Its working fine now . I dont know what caused this frequent ip change in lease. But now its fine and AP is getting constant ip and registering with controller fine. Thank you all

Shanil

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following link already proposed by Steve-

Hope this will help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies