Views
Helpful
Replies

Diffs between Aironoet 1300 and 1400

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

We paid an outside firm to set us up with a wireless shot connecting our two facilites, 2 miles apart. They used Aironet 1400 bridges, that pass both Data and CCME VoIP traffic, and a few Vlans.

Our company may take posession of another building only about 1/2 mile away from the existing main site, where one of the 1400's is located. Wireless has worked well for us so far, and I would plan on setting up a wireless link to the new site as well.

The 1300's and 1400's are substantially different in price, and I was wondering what the difference is between them, at least for my application.

Thanks,

-Michael

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Good question! I would stick with the 1400 Series. The main difference is that the 1300 Bridge operates in the 2.4 b/g range and the 1400 Bridge operates in the 5ghz a range. This fact will almost always mean less interference to contend with.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

jpolczyn
Level 1
Level 1

The 1300 series is basically a 1231G with a coax-based power injector built into a weather proof plastic case. It operates only on the 2.4Ghz spectrum (802.11g) which as mentioned is crowded and potentially more subject to interference.

The 1400 series is a 5GHz spectrum radio (802.11a) which means it has 8 non-overlapping channels compared to the 1300s 3 non-overlapping channels. The device itself is a sturdy access point built from die cast metal.

The problem with the 1400 is that it doesn't support WPA2/AES. Or at least didn't the last time I worked with the bridges. The lack of WPA2/AES support means you will use LEAP to secure the link. LEAP is unfortunately vulnerable to a proliferation of offline attacks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Good question! I would stick with the 1400 Series. The main difference is that the 1300 Bridge operates in the 2.4 b/g range and the 1400 Bridge operates in the 5ghz a range. This fact will almost always mean less interference to contend with.

Hope this helps!

Rob

jpolczyn
Level 1
Level 1

The 1300 series is basically a 1231G with a coax-based power injector built into a weather proof plastic case. It operates only on the 2.4Ghz spectrum (802.11g) which as mentioned is crowded and potentially more subject to interference.

The 1400 series is a 5GHz spectrum radio (802.11a) which means it has 8 non-overlapping channels compared to the 1300s 3 non-overlapping channels. The device itself is a sturdy access point built from die cast metal.

The problem with the 1400 is that it doesn't support WPA2/AES. Or at least didn't the last time I worked with the bridges. The lack of WPA2/AES support means you will use LEAP to secure the link. LEAP is unfortunately vulnerable to a proliferation of offline attacks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: