cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIR FLASH: command equivalent for the 5508

rdehn
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an equivalent command to the "DIR Flash:" command that can be used on most IOS-based systems for the 5508 WLC?

I have been looking for one and I can not seem to locate it.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are you looking for?

If you want to see the contents of the CF, there is no command that I am aware of.

If you want to see the size of the CF, then you can see this during the bootup process.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Leo... There is no command since the WLC isn't IOS but AirOS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott/Leo,

How do i delete a file from the WLC.

In error i copied a new firmware for controller upgrades, however i need to revert that change, how do i do that.

Thanks

Deepak

You don’t need to delete the firmware. There are two available locations for firmware. What you can do is just upload the code to replace another. When you upload a code, the new upload goes to the primary location and the existing moves down to the secondary. Just make sure you set the boot just in case the controller reloads.
-Scott

Here is a link on managing images on Athens WLC. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/configuration-guide/b_cg81/managing_software.pdf

-Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the swift reply.

This is the current problem i'm facing. We are upgrading to 8.3.143 code and Cisco document states that if there any outdoor AP's then we have to install the supplementary bundle post the reload of the WLC with 8.3.143  code.

However we pushed the new 8.3.143 code along with the supplementary bundle to the WLC, Now we wanted to do it fresh, that is first push only 8.3.143 code and then do a reload and then install supplemenatry bundle.

You are suppose to upload the code and reboot, then upload the supplemental image and reboot. Seems like you already know this unless I I read your post wrong.
-Scott

Yes that is correct Scott,

Unfortunately we uploaded the firmware and supplementary bundle together and expected a reboot would be enough.

Hence we would like to undo what we did already. How do we do that.

Do i just go ahead and upload the code only again so that it overwrites the code and the supplementary bundle?

You have to just upload and that will push the images out one by one.
-Scott

Thanks Scott,

To re-iterate, once i add a new image it will overwrite the image previously copied along with the supplementary bundle?

Correct me if i'm wrong

Yes... if you are worried, just upload the image you want there twice. Then you will see the image there as primary and backup.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: