Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnects from WLAN Guest Access

Hi everybody

We have a strange problem. We have a WCS v.7.0.172 that controls our two WLC v.7.0.116 and we have also two "Anchor Controller" WLC

v.7.0.116 for Guest Access.

We use the LAP1142N and every AP has two SSID's. One for internal data traffic and the other one for the guests.

Now the problem is, that even if we have internal and external user on the same AP, the guest users gets disconnected after a few time.

Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after 90 minutes...but the user is still working. It's really irregular.

Does anybody have an idea or can point me to some important configuration details?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Pascal

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it I Lu an issue with guest users? You can always try to increase the session timeout in the WLAN SSID advanced tab in the wlc. This helps if you are doing any type of webauth or passthrough. Set this for 14400 for 4 hours or 28800 for 8. Really depends on how long you want them to stay connected without being forced to login again. Now if your SSID is open with no authentication that is a different story.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

Thank you for your fast answer...

We use Web Authentication and our Lobby Manager creates guest user accounts.

I found the parameter about the session timeout and actually, I'm trying with 14400 secondes.

If you have any further suggestions, they are welcome.

Thanks

Pascal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card