Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

does a 2504 WLC support mobility group with WiSM1 on 6500 Series

if a 2504 WLC support mobility group with WiSM1 on 6500 Series.

Model: WLC 2504
Software version: 7.3.101.0

Model: WiSM1
Software verion: 7.x.x.x

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
Everyone's tags (3)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes and no.  Yes, mobility is

Yes and no. 

Yes, mobility is supported.  

No because I personally won't recommend inter-controller roaming.  This is more true when you're dealing with 4400/WiSM-1.  This is even more true when you've got WLC running two (or more) different codes.  

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Leo is right... yes and no:) 

Leo is right... yes and no:)  It's always better to have the WLC's on the same code, but they do support it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-149658

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes and no.  Yes, mobility is

Yes and no. 

Yes, mobility is supported.  

No because I personally won't recommend inter-controller roaming.  This is more true when you're dealing with 4400/WiSM-1.  This is even more true when you've got WLC running two (or more) different codes.  

Thanks Leo. Could you please

Thanks Leo. Could you please provide cisco support document that says it is supported. I have been looking around the Cisco website for this but somehow not finding one. 

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Leo is right... yes and no:) 

Leo is right... yes and no:)  It's always better to have the WLC's on the same code, but they do support it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-149658

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.