cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does it different when Cisco 1131AG run the autonomous and LWAPP mode?

alomar818
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Does it different when Cisco 1131AG run the autonomous or the LWAPP mode? I try to use the WiFi phone associate with the 1131AG in the autonomous and LWAPP mode.I only change the AP mode(autonomous and LWAPP) and use the default config.When using the LWAPP mode ,it can provide more than 15 phones to communicate in the same time.But it only have 7 phones when using the autonomous mode.Does the Cisco 1131AG different in autonomous or the LWAPP mode? Thanks your answer a lot.

2 Replies 2

ksannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

When you are using in the autonomous mode, you said 7 phone can associate. What happens to the reamining 8 phones? Do you get any error messages on the AP? Are there any other autonomous APs in the neighborhood?

I understand that you are operating the APs in the default mode. But did you check the transmit power level on the AP in these two modes?

Thanks Sir.

There are not any other autonomous APs in the neighborhood.When 7 phones associate to the AP ,it can work fine. In the same lab ,I change the AP mode to the LWAPP. In this mode it can provide 15 phones work fine in the same time. So I want to know if the AP default config different when it in autonomous or LWAPP mode. I check the transmit power level it provide level 1 in the LWAPP mode and maximum power in the autonomous.Does the country code also affect the AP's Radio? Thanks your answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card