Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Does the 857w support WPA2?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a daft question or in the wrong forum but I am pulling my hair out with this one. According to the spec the 857w router does support WPA2 but I can't for the life of me get it to show up in the configs anywhere. If it does support it does it need a special IOS version or ROM upgrade? If so has anyone any idea which one?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Does the 857w support WPA2?

Hi Andy,

This is not a daft question at all :) It looks like support for WPA2 was added in;

New Software Features in Release 12.4(11)XJ

Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) - CCMP

This feature supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) which is the Wi-Fi Alliance specification for interoperable wireless LAN security that supports IEEE 802.11i authentication and AES-CCMP encryption.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/prod_release_note09186a00807ab649.html#wp351065

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid you might say that as I have tried that specific IOS twice and both times it has crashed my router and I've had to use xmodem to recover. Oh what joy ;o). Maybe third time lucky but thanks for confirming as I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Regards

Andy

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Andy,

Have you tried XJ2 or XJ3/ In the doc that I sent have a look at the resolved caveats between XJ and XJ2 (THERE IS A BOATLOAD) perhaps one of the newer versions would be worth a try.

Just a thought,

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content