Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Does the LMC352 Adapter work the same as the PCM352 Adapter?

Hello,

I just purchased a tc1000 tablet from Compaq and a Cisco Aironet 350 series LMC352 WLAN Adapter. I already have one working with a PCM352 WLAN Adapter, but do not want the 1 inch+ extending past the slot so I went with the LM, which has a small foot. When I load the drivers and set everything up including LEAP, it will not associate to an AP. Since the PC and LM use the same driver, I pulled the LM card out and popped in the PC card and it immediately associates and authenticates using the same profile I setup for the LM card. Does anyone know what the issue could be. I even tried using ad-hoc to no avail.

Thank you for any assistance,

CA

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Does the LMC352 Adapter work the same as the PCM352 Adapter?

You need some sort of antenna for the LMC card. If the tablet does not have a built in antenna to conect to the card then you would need to purchase an antenna for the LMC card. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao340ap/prodlit/airoa_ds.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies