Views
Helpful
Replies

dot11 radio card dns issue

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've a vpn router with a dot11radio card installed. Clients on the wireless network are not able to get url names resolved. They can get to the page by using the ip address in the browser but can't get out otherwise so we know it's a dns issue. I've added the ISP's dns servers to the wireless dhcp pool and also taken them out but nothing helps. Thanks for any assistance to resolve this issue. The sanitized config file is attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you remove your ACL's does it work, if not then try a public DNS like 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2.

Here is a link... scroll down to like the 5th thread:

http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=4230

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see that you have a dhcp pool for the lan. Is users on the lan okay?

-Scott

No problems on the LAN which uses the company's DNS server. However, the wireless network by design doesn't haven't access to the corporate network and must use the ISP's DNS.

If you remove your ACL's does it work, if not then try a public DNS like 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2.

Here is a link... scroll down to like the 5th thread:

http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=4230

-Scott

The only ACLs are for NAT and VPN. The wireless network goes directly out to the Internet and does not need VPN connectivity and this entry "access-list 110 permit ip 192.168.yy.0 0.0.0.255" any should allow NAT. The wireless network is 192.168.yy.0/24.

I'll try the public DNS addresses. Thanks.

Thanks very much for your help!!! Looks like the public DNS fixed the issue. I'll inform the ISP.

Good to know.... I have issues with Comcast's DNS at home, so I end up using one of those on the list. Usually Verizon's....

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card