Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

driver for CB21AG

I am a little confused about how the contracting stuff works.. I purchased a Wireless Network Card a couple of years ago, but

I cant seem to find the CD that came with it, so I thought it was easier to download the drivers from cisco site..  So what are my options?

Everyone that purchase a Wireless Card, has to OPEN a service contract or something like that?

ERROR.jpg

I received this from Cisco's Tech Support

Starting Nov 9, 2010, Cisco is enforcing software entitlement based on

active contracts covered in profiles and will only allow you to download

software for the active products covered in the contracts that are

associated with your profile.

I checked serial number provided and found that it is not covered under contract or warranty as for the contract number (2754248 ) it doesn't cover product in question.

Please provide us with active serial or contract number covering product in question to be able further assist you.

1 Reply 1

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jose,

sorry to hear what is happening with you.

I think you can try contacting TAC and ask them to publish an image for you although your contract is expired.

If they refused you may get this escalated and tell them I bought this device and I only need the driver.

try e-mailing tac@cisco.com and write your request. I am no sure if they'll agree on this. you can't even open a TAC case if you don't have a contract but try asking them a favor to publish you the image! not sure if they'll agree (they usually don't but trying will not harm).

What you can also do is to ask a friend that has a contract to download this peace of software for you and get rid of this headache.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card