cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E4200 Disabled File and Printer sharing

barnetts5
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded form a WRT 150N to an E4200 router. The main computer, a pc is attached to it with a wire. The other computers are wireless and laptops. The main computer runs windows 7. One laptop runs XP and the other vista. After the installation internet access worked normally. The network sharing and printing worked fine before installing the E4200. Now only the base computer can see shared files on the others. The two laptops cannot see shared files between them or on the base computer. Also the laptops cannot print to the printer which is hard wired to the base computer even though it can read the printer. This worked fine before the E4200 was installed. Your Customer service rep on the phone directed me to run tests and everything passed. She said it’s a file sharing problem not a Cisco problem and told me I had to pay Microsoft to solve the problem. She also thought the OS was reading the old router and there may be a problem there. She said she is not trained to solve these problems. Well if it worked before with the WRT1509N isn’t a Cisco problem?

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Please, please help.

Frank

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card