Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EAP-FAST password expiry cause user lockout

We’ve deployed several mobile workstations on carts in a hospital:

Neoware (Thin Client) w/Citrix with Aironet PCI cards (both 802.11b & g)

The security is EAP-FAST

Cisco Aironet 1200 AP’s running V12.2(13) JA1

The AP is communicating to a Cisco ACS server v3.2 configured for EAP-FAST

The ACS syncs up with the NT Authentication server

Things work fine for a while, then when the password expires the user is locked out of their account.

1 REPLY
Green

Re: EAP-FAST password expiry cause user lockout

With the information given, I'd suspect the problem is with the Citrix ... something akin to a "hanging" session.

It may be that Citrix thinks it still has an open session with the client, so when it tried to re-connect, Citrix says " you already have one session open, so I won't open another" .... but since the client lost original session it looks hung.

If you have a parameter for "max sessions" on the Citrix host, check to see if there's a one-session limitation and open it up (at least for diagnostics).

Also look around for other time-outs or "Allow the OS to conserve energy by putting the into standby or sleep mode."

Some things don't re-associate well when coming out of power-save mode. I have a laptop with a Cisco Aironet NIC (same with others) that, once it's gone into power standby, will not re-associate with the AP.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content