Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Elevation setting for AIR-ANT1728

Im cleaning up a recently inherited WCS server. The map im currently working on has the 1242 ap with AIR-ANT1728. When configuring the AP what should the elevation be for the antenna. It is currently set for 0 up with an azimuth of 90 degrees. All the AP's in our plant our mounted on roof girders with the antennas pointing down. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bret

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
2 REPLIES

Bret,

With the antenna pointing dow, it should be an elevation of 0.  0 = pointing up or down, 90 would be perpendicular to the floor.  Take a look at the blog below:

http://leigh-wireless.blogspot.com/2011/08/wcs-elevation-of-ap-aerials.html

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Steve. I tried the 0, but my heat map was not what It should be for a powerful antenna. The example in the blog you posted is for a diiferrent antenna than mine, unless the setting is universal for all antennas. I've read the specs on the antenna and something was mentioned about elevation of 40. I tried that and my heat map was much better. I just wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks

Bret

Views
Helpful
Replies