cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expected syslog msg received from WLC4402

pt_wang
Level 1
Level 1

My customer WLC4402,SW 4.1.171,message log level set to critical failure only.

But the syslog server received many unexpected log messages. Any comments?

2 Replies 2

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 4.1 When I turn on syslogging, I see that the WLC sends many of its messages to the syslog server at level 0, which is very annoying (we use a Unix server, and level 0 messages are displayed on the console). I have a TAC case open on this.

kevinoconnell
Level 1
Level 1

You may be experiencing something like the Controller software is sending at different level of logging than the log level selected in the software.

You may find your issue is resolved by upgrading the WLC software version.

If the site is using WCS, you will need to ensure the WCS software version supports the WLC version of the software you will be upgrading to.

If you upgrade the WLC software to version 4.2.61.0, and the site has a Location Appliance in use and Rouge AP(s) have been detected, be aware the Controller can generate excessive Syslog messages of:

“Rogue Task: Received unsupported message 34.”

Expectations are this will be fixed in the next release of WLC software.

Unfortunately the impact of these excessive Syslog messages is more than just minor to any business or operation proactively monitoring these Syslog messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: