cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Express 526

wynneit
Level 1
Level 1

Just looking at deploying express 526 to multiple sites, I suggested the 2100 series for scalability and fallback to a 4400 from multiple 2100s but money may be an issue for the client.

I am unclear if the 526 can be managed via a WCS ? Antone know for sure

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

The 526 cannot be managed by the WCS. This is shown in this good Q & A doc;

Q. Can the Cisco Mobility Express Solution also be used by enterprises as branch-office solutions?

A. It is strongly recommended that enterprises not deploy the Cisco Mobility Express Solution as a branch-office solution. The Cisco Mobility Express Solution was built for SMB customers. It does not provide many of the advanced features ideally suited for distributed enterprise networks that the Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution supports, such as centralized management through the Cisco Wireless Control System. For this reason, the two solutions were intentionally kept distinct and are designed for different environments.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7306/ps7319/ps7338/prod_qas0900aecd8060c860_ps7320_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob

Had read some about it and wasnt 100% clear. Hadnt seen the Q&A so many thanks.

Hey Pete,

You are most welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card