cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failed upgrade on 1100AP

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I tried to use the GUI to upgrade my 1120 and mucked it up. The upgrade wiped out the flash but failed to upload the new .tar file. Now my AP is running (i haven't rebooted it) but I have no GUI. So, I have access to the CLI, I have a tftp server and a .tar file. Can I use the CLI and the tftp to recreate the flash file system with the .tar file? If not, how do I proceed from here? Seems like all the docs on the TAC are for upgrading 1130 and up APs to LWAPP but I believe that don't work with my 1120. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego

6 Replies 6

hi Diego,

Since there is no IOS in the AP you won't be able to use the CLI to do this.

The following link talks about the recovery using the mode button on the AP -

Please note that the "hide file extension" in the folder options on the PC where you have TFTP server is unchecked, before you follow these steps.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43trb.html#wp1058472

Please follow the steps carefully.

All the best

-> Sushil

There is no IOS but it is up and running with the previous IOS. Remember, I haven't rebooted yet. I was thinking I could maybe "untar" the file and upload the files using tftp. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Diego

Hi Diego,

I hope you have an IOS file on the TFTP server and now planning to upload the IOS through the TFTP server, since you have the CLI access.

If that's the case follow these steps -

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43mfw.html#wp1035609

-> Sushil

I noticed the section called "Download an image with TFTP" doesn't mention the type of file. I am assuming this should work with a .tar file, no?

Thanks,

Diego

I guess you are talking about downloading a flash IOS from TFTP to AP1120. Right?

I just upgrade my 1120 one week ago. You can firstly check if there is ios folder in the flash and check the free size. If the old ios folder is gone, the free size should be enought for the new IOS. If you need to delete the old IOS, delete /re /f flash:xxxxxx (the ios folder name) to release the flash space. Then run archive download-sw ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx/xxxxxx.tar.

The download should start and take 3 mins. After that check flash if there is a new folder of the ios name. If yes, you should be able to run reload.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card