Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect Implementation

Craddockc
Level 3
Level 3

Hello again Support Community!

As always I value your help/responses. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on the Flexconnect (formerly H-Reap) feature. I know that it was really designed for AP's to be able to service wireless clients at remote sites witout having to have another controller at the remote site. But, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to enabling this feature on all my LOCAL AP's on my LOCAL site. I dont have a remote site, but it seems like a nice feature to have in case my Controller does go down for any reason, my wireless clients would still be able to stay up with the AP in Local mode. Currently everything is being tunneled back to the controller (Central Authentication/Switching). Would there be any benefit/drawbacks to implementing this scheme for my local wireless network? Thanks.

Chris.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The draw ack would be the key caching. HREAP groups only support 50 AP per group for key caching. If you have more than 50 Ap in your deployment and are doing 802.1x it could cause roaming delays.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The draw ack would be the key caching. HREAP groups only support 50 AP per group for key caching. If you have more than 50 Ap in your deployment and are doing 802.1x it could cause roaming delays.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. You make a very valid point there. Thanks for the feedback.

Chris

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card