Views
Helpful
Replies

Fluke InterpretAir

Michael Sales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We use cisco 1130AG AP's in our enviroment. (both autonomous configs and LWAPP). For wireless survey's and simulated designs, I use fluke's "InterpretAir". I have noticed a couple annoying things. the options for wall structures are very limited. For Instance, it has an option for concrete with a 12db loss, but none for "cinder block" which is closer to 4-5 db loss.

Also, the only Omni-directional antenna option is 2.15dbi. If I'm correct, with cisco, it can be either 2.2 or 2.4 depending on the AP your using.

Anyone else see issues with these "survey programs" ? is there a better one I should be using?

Or maybe I'm just CLUELESS!!

I have given that a thought.

1 Reply 1

srahn
Level 1
Level 1

There are several good choice. The Planner Module for AirMagnet's Survey product has actually become much improved with the 5.0 version. It has several built in variables, a plethora of antennas, let's you create custom antennas, and offers the ability to perform a diff analysis against the planner predictive analysis and a post-install survey done with AirMagnet Survey. Also, this product integrates with the Cognio Spectrum Expert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card