Views
Helpful
Replies

Free WiFi with redirect to client

jcarvalh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

A client of mine wants to offer WiFi connectivity in several strategic points in our city (no authentication required). The only requirement is a redirect to their home page when a user opens a web browser; is this possible to be done with a WLC?

Also, are there any issue in having APs behind NAT? From the networking point of view I believe I need a static NAT for the WLC but APs can use PAT to reach WLC, am I correct or are there any issues on this subject? 

Regards,

Joao.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the webauth configuration, there is an option there to set the redirect page. So after the user clicks accept on the T&C they are pushed to the page you define there.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/69340-web-auth-config.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to do this with the WLC. For the redirect to the city page, you would setup a splash page with your T&C, and you can specify a redirect page there, pretty standard.

For the AP, yes they can be behind a NAT, just make sure that UDP 5246/5247 are allowed through your NAT device so the AP can join.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Steve.

I went to read something about splash pages and I do not see how I can do this without the use of authentication and ACS.

Can you explain how would traffic be redirected at each site everytime user connects to WiFi?

Thanks,

João.

In the webauth configuration, there is an option there to set the redirect page. So after the user clicks accept on the T&C they are pushed to the page you define there.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/69340-web-auth-config.html

HTH,
Steve

Hello Steve.

Just one final question. For this to work I assume that the WLAN must not be configured for local switching; otherwise, the WLC is not able to intercept webtraffic. Am I correct on this assumption?

Regards,

João.

P.S. - I know that the question might sound stupid but I do not have a WLC and APs to test the client requirements.

No, webauth redirect should still work with FlexConnect.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card