Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Freq. Interference

Halloooo

I have already install cisco 350 bridge (use channel 2)and working properly a couple last days, but when I install senao (cordless telephone) working at 268 MHz for tranmitter and 394MHz for receiver then the problem start, like througput of the cisco wireless drop down.

It is possible because of the cordless equipment.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Freq. Interference

It is unlikely that your cordless phone is the cause of your problem

on Channel 2 you are using 2417Mhz with a 22Mhz channel width.

Even if your phone was incredibly poor quality I doubt it would have enough power to interfer on the 9th harmonic which it would have to to be a problem

I would say that you have another source of interference

Try running the carrier test

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap35ch13.htm#1026398

a few time and see if you can find the quietest channel and see if that improves

Thanks

My cordless have a strong power output 450mV, is that not enough to interfer the cisco.

Thank you a lot

Cisco Employee

No you would need 1000's of watts to be a problem

Normally you dont even consider after the 2nd harmonic in a design as it will be well filtered out

I would run the channel activity test to see what is being used in your area

Dear Members

hello derwin

Can u please explain about this harmonic in some detail, or any link or pdf will help.

regards

Views
Helpful
Replies