cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gaining Internet access through an Aironet 1300

JasonBurgess
Level 1
Level 1

I set up wireless networks in feedyards using the Aironet 1300 as a Work Group Bridge. Typically the bridge is setup out in the middle of the feedyard to broadcast an SSID, with an Omni Directional antenna. We mount a patch antenna on the office and have it connect to the SSID using a Buffalo Ethernet converter. My question is, if the office has internet, how can I get the internet out in the feedyard. Yes the computers on the office network do have internet and can communicate with the pc's out in the feedyard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

pnegi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

if we are using 1300 WGB and we have same SSID on the "root" side i.e. your office, then users connected to this WGB should be able to access internet. Are we using same SSID on both sides for internet access? Are we using any VLAN? Is there any security setting we are using on WGB or on our root AP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: