cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

globally preventing use of a specific wlan channel via wlc

ashirel
Level 1
Level 1

i'd like to prevent use of channel 13 on all my 1130 ap's. they're controlled via the 4400 wlc, v4.0.

why? many of the clients don't have channel 13. if such a client is in the range of an ap which used channel 13, this client is out of luck. i can individually assign each ap

other channels.

is there a way to globally, on the wlc to indicate this restriction?

4 Replies 4

sabhasin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure, try looking up the DCA List (under wireless -> 802.11b/g) and remove the channel in question from that list. Once removed, RRM's DCA will not assign that channel.

i'm still running 4.0.x.

don't see any such config option in the gui.

this is just another reason to upgrade.

can u point me to the latest production version to download?

i received my wlc just a few months ago w/ v4.0.217.0

tnx lots,

ams

this option should be available under 4.0 train as well. try looking under "(WLC) >config advanced 802.11b channel" from the CLI and you'll see the options to 'add' and 'delete' from there. If you'd like to upgrade anyways, you could pick from the latest 5.0 or 4.2.99.0 depending on what features you're looking for.

yes, i found and executed the command.

not sure if it worked because i had a few days prio, manually config'd those ap's which where on ch13 to another channel.

in the gui, there's no "*" by those cases which is manually reconfig'd, indicating that the config was not done 'globally'. this may indicate that in this case, it was not config'd globally, even though the global command is now in effect.

anyway, i went to the download web page.

they want some support contract #.

i was shipped the unit new w/ the 4.0 version.

i should be entitled to at least the latest version which was out at the time of shippment. right? how can i get it?

tnx

ams

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: