cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Got the AIR-RM3000AC-E-K9 for my Cisco Aironet 3602i - the AP doesn't recognise the module :(

gilad.hinberger
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like I need the latest IOS version (Autonomous - 15.2.4-JA1) in order for the AP to even recognise the module...

Of course, it's not written anywhere on Cisco site, and I don't have access to download the IOS, so I'm stuck

Can someone help?

24 Replies 24

Well Scott, you were right

The hardware recognized correctly, but that's all. Settings are missing for the interface, and I can't see the SSID.

I tired of waiting for Cisco to have a finish 802.11ac product, so looks like I'll buy the Asus RT-AC66U.

Used to have only Cisco in my home network, but the switches are too expensive now...

The ASA 5505 already replaced with Juniper SRX210HE, because I needed gigabit interfaces (and even the Juniper

Just got replaced by the Ubiquity EdgeRouter Lite, which is less noisy - passive cooling).

Thanks for your help!

Yeah well it does depend on how much you want to spend. I lab a lot of stuff and that why I have a 2504 WLC which allows me to use the 3600 and the AC module for testing. I don't really use AC other than for testing because my Apple TVs, iPhone, iPads, macair and MacBook Pro doesn't support 802.11ac natively.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

david.bornack
Level 1
Level 1

I still can't believe that as of today, the latest release (15.3.3-JBB6) STILL doesn't support this module out of the box in Autonomous mode.

H

This is my first post on here.

I am currently in the middle of my final year project at uni and I have spent the last week trying to figure out why clients will not associate and authenticate to the 802.11ac radio interface. I have got a autonomous 3602i with the AC module and all my tests have been fine so far but as soon as I configure security on the AC interface I cannot get any client to associate and authenticate.  I've tried Win7 clients and Android to try to eliminate OS involvement. I've tried another AP and AC module to try to eliminate hardware failure. Seems like I have tried in vain. Using the AC interface without any security worked fine if that helps anyone. Any further information that anyone can give on this would help me greatly with my project as i will not be able to complete the testing that I have set out to do. Thank you 

Hello i have a quistion about this setup for my setup at home. 

I have wlc 2504(7.6.130.0 running on it) 

and 2 ap AIR-CAP3602I-E-K9, and just buyed the AC expension module  AIR-RM3000AC-A-K9 for them. But i’m not getting to run it. The ap’s are show normal in the wlc but not getting to see the ac. In the wlc everything is turn on for ac as far as i can see. Can some one help me with a fix or tell me how to flash the rm3000 from “A” to “E” area. Thx in advance

You probably can't flash them to another area. At least on the APs this is hardcoded into the firmware and cannot be changed. I suspect that is the reason why it's not compatible. Also make sure to provide enough power to the AP, as far as I remember it requires PoE+ with the extension attached.
Can you provide us with the complete console output of a booting AP? I suspect there is a message showing the reason why it's not working.

sorry for the delayed responce 

but here is what the ap says with start up

*see att

Thanks.

Some unusual messages I found, or at least ones that I don't remember seeing:

Loading "flash:/ap3g2-k9w8-mx.152-4.JB6/ap3g2-k9w8-xx.152-4.JB6" (-> Very! old software from 2014, I suggest to upgrade)
LWAPP image version 7.6.130.0 (alternative version number)
Error: XM Domain mismatch,  XM disabled  (I think this is the message that shows the extension is disabled because of Domain (-A instead of -E))
Radio2 not present 0 0 0 0 0 8  (-> I think this is the extension radio)

So I think it indeed doesn't work because of different domains, or because of the very old software. I think it's not the software though, because it should be supported starting 7.5 (source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/aironet-access-point-module-802-11ac/data_sheet_c78-727794.html). 

thx for the reaction 

do you know if there is a way to flash those modules to the "E" standaard??

because i can assume it is just a software issue dan hardware coded

No known way, no. Also the firmware for these modules is not public (integrated into normal AP firmware).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card