cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Policy can not be issued through the wireless

zhou359004756
Level 1
Level 1

Issued the Group Policy in AD domain can be issued via a wired success,But the client side using a wireless network, Group Policy can not be issued to the client,Group Policy did not reboot the wireless clients. . . .

Please help me,Think you

7 Replies 7

David Santos
Level 1
Level 1

Zhou,

are you using WEP or WPA/WPA2 with 802.1x ?

Have you seen this?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/77ce64c1-8a0d-4a8e-8b51-f319961ae061

Yes,I using  WPA/WPA2 with 802.1x and I can not open that you give the URL,I also have a problem: to prevent not joined to AD domain computer access to network resources??

Thank you very much

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Try enabling multicast on wireless LAN controller.

Windows file share, for example, requires multicast to be enabled. I think this is the same.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

zhou359004756
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,I using  WPA/WPA2 with 802.1x and I can not open that you give the URL,I also have a problem: to prevent not joined to AD domain computer access to network resources??

Thank you very much

As I said above, you need to consider enabling multicast and that will probably solve your issue.
For your second concern about allowing only domain users to login to wireless network, this should be an option on the radius server you are using.

HTH

Amjad

The first problem has been resolved, you have not done? What  radius servers can be done?

Hello,

In order to share the knowledge, what was the resolution for your old problem?

For your newer issue, if you have Cisco ACS as teh radius server, there is a feature called "Machine Authentication" that can be used.
I think there are similar feature with different radius server provided by other vendors.

HTH

Amjad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: