Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Guest Anchor SSID QoS

Hi,

I have a Guest anchor controller (2504) on version 7.2 and a 5508 local controller on 7.6 would anyone know if the guest anchor deals with the QoS for the Guest SSID or is it the local controller as the AP is primed/connected to that deals with the QoS/ratelimiting ?

I would like to use the new 7.6 controller to do Client rate limiting on the Guest network however the guest anchor 2504 software does not support rate limiting 

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES

IIRC, the WLC the client is

IIRC, the WLC the client is physically attached to, is the one that controls the Down/Upstream to the client. Though you need the QoS Policies to match on the Anchor and Foreign.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the response Steve

Thanks for the response Steve ,

So the guest anchor must support per user rate limiting in order for all EOIP tunnelled SSID's to work?

Would you know what would happen when you have a Cisco WLC 2504 as your local WLC as this does not support Bandwidth contracts reading the release notes of 7.6.100.0?

Can the guest anchor do this for these sites I have quite a few on 2504 as the local controller as they are small branch sites or at minimum to be able to utilise this feature it must be a 5508 WLC

you need a 5508 to do that.

you need a 5508 to do that. It's one of the features not supported on the 2504

--

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies