Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this message before?

Mon Oct 16 16:48:24 2006: Received Anchor Export request: 00:0b:7d:15:46:5a

from Switch IP: 150.123.150.251

Mon Oct 16 16:48:24 2006: WLAN Security Policy Mismatch for WLAN 5

client: 2050, wlan 50,

Anchor Export Request from Switch IP: 150.123.150.251 Ignored

I have two 4402 controller, one is served as Guest network Anchor. It worked for a couple of weeks and stopped working now. The sympton is from the internal controller user is not able to get a DHCP ip address, turned on debug for mobile handoff, this message comes on when the user tries to connect. I have checked and made sure WLAN 5 (Guest network) is configured exactly the same on both controller, still not working.

Let me know if anyone has any idea.

Thanks,

Yatao

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually it had to do with the DMZ not being anchored to itself. If the anchors do not match, you will get mismach on the security policy, since whom the anchor is, is part of it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The issue may be due to the access -lsit configured not to allow the DHCP request.

If any such configuration exists, then removing the that access list will allow to transmi the requests.

Actually it had to do with the DMZ not being anchored to itself. If the anchors do not match, you will get mismach on the security policy, since whom the anchor is, is part of it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi!

I had exactly the same happen to me, only with a 2006 controller initiating the anchor request. Worked fine for a week or two, then just stopped working without any changes.

I've had do delete the members in the mobility group on the anchor controller, and then add it again before it started working.

Best regards

- Oyvind

What do you mean by DMZ controller? Do you think both controllers in your setup need to have itself as anchor?

Same thing fixed my issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card