Views
Helpful
Replies

H-Reap AP & Guest access

bein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Question, In a setup with a DMZ anchor controller with guest access (web auth), is it possible to distribute that guest wlan to a H-Reap connected AP?

Thx in advance.

/B

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Benny,

your question is still very unclear. So I understand that you have H-reap APs in a remote site connected to a WLC on central site.

Your SSID must have the same config exactly on anchor (dmz) and on foreign WLC.

The SSID is for sure centrally switched if the other APs are "local mode". Then if only this remote site is the concern, you can enable local switching or not for your remote site h-reap APs.

What is not a concern : having an SSID that will be serviced by local mode APs (they will switch centrally) and also h-reap APs (they will switch centrally or locally depending on your configuration)

What is a concern : having an SSID that you want centrally switched on some h-reap APs and locally switched on other h-reap APs.

Hope this clarifies ?

Nicolas.

===

Please rate posts that you find useful

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Benny,

yes, there's nothing special to do.

The guest wlan can be serviced on a h-reap local switching AP. The web authentication process will happen through the controller but as soon as the client is authenticated, it's locally switched.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Hi Nicholas,

Thx for your answer, my problem is that the guest wlan is centrally switched in the DMZ controller so my guess is that it won't work then or? To be a bit more specific in setup, 1 controller in DMZ with guest access centrally switched, 2 other controllers with internal WLANs and then my question for a small site with wireless demand, a hreap AP which can utilize both the internal wlans and the guest wlan but I guess I have to use a controller?

Best reg.

Benny

Hi Benny,

your question is still very unclear. So I understand that you have H-reap APs in a remote site connected to a WLC on central site.

Your SSID must have the same config exactly on anchor (dmz) and on foreign WLC.

The SSID is for sure centrally switched if the other APs are "local mode". Then if only this remote site is the concern, you can enable local switching or not for your remote site h-reap APs.

What is not a concern : having an SSID that will be serviced by local mode APs (they will switch centrally) and also h-reap APs (they will switch centrally or locally depending on your configuration)

What is a concern : having an SSID that you want centrally switched on some h-reap APs and locally switched on other h-reap APs.

Hope this clarifies ?

Nicolas.

===

Hi Nicolas,

Perfect, then I know that it will work.

Thanks again.

/Benny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card