Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP vlan-mapping

keynet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have to locations with wlc in an redundant configuration. For one wlan I use the H-REAP feature. I defined the management-interface for that wlan. The wlan configuration on both wlc is identical. One difference is in the management-interface configuration. On the first wlc the management-interface is tagged with vlan 55 and on the second wlc the interface is untagged.

With this configuration the vlan-mapping change if the ap join the other wlc. When the ap leave the first wlc to the second wlc in the vlan-mapping appear vlan 1 instead of vlan 5. In the other way the vlan-mapping change to vlan 55 instead of vlan 5. It seems that the tagging of the management-interface is the problem. Is that true or exists other problems?

Regards

Pascal

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have the management interface set to "0" untagged ans the switchport native vlan 55. This should solve your problem.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card