cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking at a solution where we have multiple sites and data guest requirement.

I am getting hung up on the dynamic interfaces as each site has local switching with local DHCP via router and central authentication.

What is confusing me is H-REAP would need seperate ssids per site? Due to dynamic interfaces, or H-REAP with AP Groups or is this just H-REAP Groups, unfortunately I don't ave the luxury of time to experiment?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I suppose I've seen people make dynamic interfaces per vlan at the remote site. This way the "default vlan" mapped with Vlan Mappings will match the interface you created on the WLC.  These interfaces will basically be "dummy interfaces".   I really don't like this config practice, but I think it is acceptable of you want to simply the vlan assignments (if you call it simplifying it...).

This is where you'd use AP Groups to set which interface is assigned to the HREAP AP.  But again, the only relevance for this is that it defines the default VLAN for vlan mappings of that WLAN.....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Are you referring to the Dynamic Interfaces on the WLC?

If the SSID is configured for HREAP Local Switching, and the AP Is HREAP Mode, the  Dynamic Interface configured for the WLAN is irrelevant.

If you configure Vlan Mappings, then that interface's vlan will be the default value for the vlan mapping, but you just need to correct the config per AP.

So you don't need different SSIDs. You just need to configure each AP with the correct Vlan Mappings (assuming these value are different per site).

Does that help?

I suppose I've seen people make dynamic interfaces per vlan at the remote site. This way the "default vlan" mapped with Vlan Mappings will match the interface you created on the WLC.  These interfaces will basically be "dummy interfaces".   I really don't like this config practice, but I think it is acceptable of you want to simply the vlan assignments (if you call it simplifying it...).

This is where you'd use AP Groups to set which interface is assigned to the HREAP AP.  But again, the only relevance for this is that it defines the default VLAN for vlan mappings of that WLAN.....

Many thanks, I think I was overcomplicating things but have seen some weird behaviours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card