cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Ha on different switch

Hi

This is my environment, 2 wlc 5508 on HA  (firmware 7.4.110.8), from on-line documentation i know that we can't configure HA on two different switch (with 2 different port-channel). But is it possibile ? and why no ? ha don't works.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Ha on different switch

HA SSO requires that the Management and Redundant IP address of both appliance need to be in the same subnet.

Ha on different switch

Moreover,It is highly recommended to have back-to-back direct physical connectivity           between redundant ports!!

Ha on different switch

Adding on to Leo's post:

you can have them be on different switches for the port channel, and that would be the recommended setup.  that way if you lose one switch you don't lose all the WLC as well.  But you do have to have the WLC in the same management subnet, and the RP port should be directly connected between the WLC, and not going through a switch.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Ha on different switch

the online documentation (and the experts of the forum "ask the expert") does not recommend configuring HA on different switch, i don't understand why ? i think of possible arp problem, can not run AP SSO .

i know same subnet, same location (<100 m) between redundant port (no through a switch).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content