cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has any used the 3602e as a bridgeing only between two networks?

limuel2007
Level 1
Level 1

Has any used the 3602e as a bridgeing only between two networks? Controller 2504 version 7.4.100 I can't ping anything on either side of the network, but I can ping from the controller to each AP.I have two 1552 setup the same way with no issues.Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

9 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

In the case of 3602e as bridge link, and you bet the config is a working  one, then I would suggest check the antennae if they are properly  aligned, if you are using proper one, a higher gain one would be a  needed in case of 3602e I guess so.

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing your using 3602e's as a RAP and MAP with Ethernet bridging on the MAP? This works as I have tested this out at my he lab with a 2504 and 3602e and 3602i. Now depending on what's connected to the Ethernet in the MAP, that could be the issue. I only connected a single device to test and since you said you are trying to bridge two networks, it seems like a true bridge is really what you need.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There have been issues with Ethernet bridging with indoor AP's with v7.2 and v7.3, but was fixed in v7.4. If your using native vlan or access port then your Ethernet bridging will also be on the same vlan as the AP. This is the same for mesh and indoor mesh AP. Why it's not working, I don't know. If you connect a laptop to the MAP's Ethernet port, does it function properly?

-Scott

thomas.swinnen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Limuel,

Any progress with the testing?

I have a customer that has the same setup with version 7.5.102. He also has an issue in setting up the MAP/RAP bridge.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Thomas 

I have juste tested this on a 2504 with v7.5 and 3602e and was able to connect a laptop to the ethernet port and obtain an ip address and do have connectivity.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

So let me ask... If you kept dhcp on the MAP, does it work?

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well... Just put a static on the MAP, waited for it to join the WLC and then connected my MacBook to the Ethernet and it's working fine.

-Scott

Yes, but it's okay as I tried it. Still works fine for me. My RAP is a 3602i and my MAP is a 3602e.

-Scott

What I'm doing is connecting a laptop directly to the 3602e gigabit ethernet port.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

20 Replies 20

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

In the case of 3602e as bridge link, and you bet the config is a working  one, then I would suggest check the antennae if they are properly  aligned, if you are using proper one, a higher gain one would be a  needed in case of 3602e I guess so.

Saurav,

Thanks for the response. Its in a test lab about 70 ft away from the other 3602e, I have moved it closer same issue I am using Omni antennas.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing your using 3602e's as a RAP and MAP with Ethernet bridging on the MAP? This works as I have tested this out at my he lab with a 2504 and 3602e and 3602i. Now depending on what's connected to the Ethernet in the MAP, that could be the issue. I only connected a single device to test and since you said you are trying to bridge two networks, it seems like a true bridge is really what you need.

-Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the response. Yes, One is a RAP and the other is a MAP. I will have to check I think I checked the brideging box on both AP's.The RAP and the MAP are connected to a switch that only allows native traffic to go through it. Its a propiertiery switch my company make,that doesn't allow vlans to be set on it, only native traffic. The kicker is,as I mentioned above, the 1552 is setup the same way, its the primary unit the 3602e is the secondary unit.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There have been issues with Ethernet bridging with indoor AP's with v7.2 and v7.3, but was fixed in v7.4. If your using native vlan or access port then your Ethernet bridging will also be on the same vlan as the AP. This is the same for mesh and indoor mesh AP. Why it's not working, I don't know. If you connect a laptop to the MAP's Ethernet port, does it function properly?

-Scott

When you tested this what controller version did you use? Yes, when I connect a laptop everything is fine, its just that I can't ping any other device on the other side of the bridgeing network. No other devices are on the network besides the switches AP's and the controller.

Thomas,

I have not had any luck with getting this to work in RAP/MAP bridging mode.

thomas.swinnen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Limuel,

Any progress with the testing?

I have a customer that has the same setup with version 7.5.102. He also has an issue in setting up the MAP/RAP bridge.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Thomas 

Thomas,

I posted thr reply in the wrong area. No, I haven't had any luck with getting this to work in RAP/MAP bridging mode.

I have juste tested this on a 2504 with v7.5 and 3602e and was able to connect a laptop to the ethernet port and obtain an ip address and do have connectivity.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Scott,

Here is my test the smart switch only allows one vlan, so everything is on one vlan. Once my AP's got an address from my controller, I set them up with static addresses can you test this? After that see if you can ping anything on the MAP side.

Thanks!

So let me ask... If you kept dhcp on the MAP, does it work?

-Scott

Do you mean instead of giving the MAP access point a static address?

Yes, but it's okay as I tried it. Still works fine for me. My RAP is a 3602i and my MAP is a 3602e.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card