cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help WCS demo download

arianna123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i'm in trouble with downloading the demo version (30 days trial) of the WCS software.

I successfully received the e-mail with the 30 day trial license which says my producty name is AIR-WCS-WL-DEMO-K9 file.

Then i logged in in cisco.com with my user (i'm guest-user) and went to the software download page; surfed to the wireless sub menu, but i cannot find any "demo" software version !!

Can someone give a little help or hint ??

Thanks a lot in advance,

--Andrea

4 Replies 4

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

You use the same version with a demo license. Please request a demo license from you partner if an end user or your CAM if you are a partner. I am not sure if there is a demo version of the software even available. I am pretty sure you still use the full version with a demo license which limits the number of APs and the time that the demo is active.

Hi and thanks a lot for the quick response!

I understand i have to download a full version of WCS and register it with the demo licence;

But when i try to download any type of WCS version the web page says i need a valid service agreement with Cisco.

So, is it true that with only a guest account on Cisco.com i cannont download any type of software ??

Yes, unfortunately you have to have a contract. If you are an end user ask your partner SE for a copy of the code. If a partner just ask your Cisco SE. I carry a copy on my usb drive but it is over 100mb in size so posting it here is not possible.

Hi, thanks for the info; so i got it right: i need to ask for a copy..

By the way, if you want to make me a christmas gift you can contact me at andrea.russos@gmail.com and i'll give you access to web space to scp to the copy you have

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card