Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help WCS demo download

Hi all, i'm in trouble with downloading the demo version (30 days trial) of the WCS software.

I successfully received the e-mail with the 30 day trial license which says my producty name is AIR-WCS-WL-DEMO-K9 file.

Then i logged in in cisco.com with my user (i'm guest-user) and went to the software download page; surfed to the wireless sub menu, but i cannot find any "demo" software version !!

Can someone give a little help or hint ??

Thanks a lot in advance,

--Andrea

4 REPLIES

Re: Help WCS demo download

You use the same version with a demo license. Please request a demo license from you partner if an end user or your CAM if you are a partner. I am not sure if there is a demo version of the software even available. I am pretty sure you still use the full version with a demo license which limits the number of APs and the time that the demo is active.

Hi and thanks a lot for the quick response!

I understand i have to download a full version of WCS and register it with the demo licence;

But when i try to download any type of WCS version the web page says i need a valid service agreement with Cisco.

So, is it true that with only a guest account on Cisco.com i cannont download any type of software ??

Yes, unfortunately you have to have a contract. If you are an end user ask your partner SE for a copy of the code. If a partner just ask your Cisco SE. I carry a copy on my usb drive but it is over 100mb in size so posting it here is not possible.

Hi, thanks for the info; so i got it right: i need to ask for a copy..

By the way, if you want to make me a christmas gift you can contact me at andrea.russos@gmail.com and i'll give you access to web space to scp to the copy you have

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content