Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I connect one 5508 and a 4402?

Hello all, I´m new to this forum. I want to consult you because of a situation that I have.

I need to install one 5508 and a 4402 together to bring redundancy to a wireless environment.

Can I do this?. What are the neccesary steps to perform this?, the idea behind this is to bring redundancy is the primary WLC falls for any reason.

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards!

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: how can I connect one 5508 and a 4402?

You can by setting up mobility between the WLC's. Make sure the code is the same on both WLC's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008064a294.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch10GuAc.html

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The link will explain a lot, but one thing to make sure also is that your configuration between the two WLC's are similar except for host name and up address. You will also configure the ap with the primary wlc and secondary wlc info. This way the ap knows which wlc it belongs to and which wlc it needs to go to if the primary is unavailable.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks Scott!!!.

I have one more question (a lot actually!!).

What if the primary WLC is out, the APs will register to the backup WLC and download a new image?. This process is automated or manually?.

Again, thanks for your help.

As long as the code is the same, there is no downloading. This is how you want it. Now if wlc1 comes back online, enabling ap fallback will allow the AP's to go back to wlc1 if it is configured for wlc1. Make sure master controller is disabled.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content