Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how many 5.2 dbi omni antena at 2.4 GHz to use for 1250 series

I want to use wireless 1250 series LAP with wireless controller 2112 series.The A.P frequency will be 2.4 Ghz.

01.To support wireless n or b,g wirless clients how many antenae we must use ?

Suppose I use only one omni 5.2 dbi antena on each access points?

02.I see there are 3+3 connectors on 1252 series a.p for antenae. does this means that 3 connectors for 2.4 Ghz and another 3 connectors for antena for 5.8 GHz?

03.Does this mean that (suppose we want 2.4 Ghz ) then each antena (out of three) will support different different radio (radio a ,radio g,radio wireless n) ?

plz advice in details...considering me lame man

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: how many 5.2 dbi omni antena at 2.4 GHz to use for 1250 seri

Hi Abdul! It's a bit confusing getting going on the 1252s, so hopefully this helps a bit.

1. You only need one antenna to support all the protocols (a/b/g/n). However, adding more antennas increases functionality. You're no doubt used to seeing two antennas per AP in standard 802.11a/b/g networks, and this helps to reduce multipath interference, thus improving the quality of the wireless transmissions/receptions. However, to take advantage of all the features that makes 802.11n so great, you will need three antennas.

2. Correct, 3 are for the 2.4GHz range, 3 are for the 5GHz range.

3. There are actually only two radios in the 1252, and they are frequency-based (not protocol-based). In other words, there's a 2.4GHz radio (handling 802.11a/b/n) and a 5GHz radio (handling 802.11a/n). Notice that 802.11n operates in both frequency ranges. So, to answer your question, the 3 antennas work together to handle all the protocols on one frequency.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to post any follow-up questions.

Jeff

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Abdul! It's a bit confusing getting going on the 1252s, so hopefully this helps a bit.

1. You only need one antenna to support all the protocols (a/b/g/n). However, adding more antennas increases functionality. You're no doubt used to seeing two antennas per AP in standard 802.11a/b/g networks, and this helps to reduce multipath interference, thus improving the quality of the wireless transmissions/receptions. However, to take advantage of all the features that makes 802.11n so great, you will need three antennas.

2. Correct, 3 are for the 2.4GHz range, 3 are for the 5GHz range.

3. There are actually only two radios in the 1252, and they are frequency-based (not protocol-based). In other words, there's a 2.4GHz radio (handling 802.11a/b/n) and a 5GHz radio (handling 802.11a/n). Notice that 802.11n operates in both frequency ranges. So, to answer your question, the 3 antennas work together to handle all the protocols on one frequency.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to post any follow-up questions.

Jeff

hi jeff,

thnx alot.my concept clear now

thnx again.I am accessing net after many days.so replying late.

abdul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content