Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How many clients support by Cisco One Light Weight AP1262?

Hi Friends,

Recently, our company wireless AP 1262 connected more than 40+ clients, and sometimes the wireless access speed is too slow.  those clients are only for MES data transfer, the date no more than 10K of each stations.

So I'd like to know if the one AP can support the network traffic if whole testers transfer the data to Database via this wireless AP1262?

and the WLC no clients roaming option for which clients can connect to another AP around.

I have checked the WLC and AP configuration. no option for clients roaming to another APs, do you know how to configure this AP's Clients move to another APs?

If we setup the new APs in the location, does the clients will be auto connect to this new AP?

Everyone's tags (7)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: How many clients support by Cisco One Light Weight AP1262?

The issue I see when this is enabled are clients don't connect when that limit is set. So if you set the limit to 10, the 11th device revives the code 17. If that device doesn't support code 17, it keeps trying to join the same so and ignores that the ap is saying "find another ap". What I have seen is that this feature cause devices to not associate to any ap. So bring up 15 devices and see if your devices has a hard time associating or not. I would recommend not to use it. If you had this enabled already prior to you creating your post, then that is why people are saying they ate having issues.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
7 REPLIES

This is a common question and the recommended is 20-25. You can have more or much less depending on traffic. 10kb of traffic for 40 users is not much. There is a feature on the wlc in the WLAN setting called client load balancing. I would test this before you put it in production because many devices do not support that feature. Caused me more grief than good:). If you need, add another ap to cover for density.

Have you verified it's not an issue with the network or the application?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Load Balancing

Client Window Size
Maximum Denial Count
Load Balancing Statistics
Total Denied Client Count
Total Denial Message Sent
Exceeded Denial Max Limit Count
None 5G Candidate Count
None 2.4G Candidate Count
* Load Balancing is configurable per WLAN.

it‘s already configured the load balancing.

Maybe that is what's causing you issues. You would actually have to associate 15+ devices and see if any devices disassociate or not. I personally never set that feature anymore.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

You have to enable client load balancing in the WLAN. That screenshot is your thresholds.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks for reply, so Should I change the "client windows size" to 10+ ? 

The issue I see when this is enabled are clients don't connect when that limit is set. So if you set the limit to 10, the 11th device revives the code 17. If that device doesn't support code 17, it keeps trying to join the same so and ignores that the ap is saying "find another ap". What I have seen is that this feature cause devices to not associate to any ap. So bring up 15 devices and see if your devices has a hard time associating or not. I would recommend not to use it. If you had this enabled already prior to you creating your post, then that is why people are saying they ate having issues.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content