Views
Helpful
Replies

How many connections per SSID?

network_dude
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 4404 with 50 1142 access points, and I want to know if there is a limitation to the amount of concurrent associations per SSID?

Thank you,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im not aware of any specific limitations to the amount of clients per SSID. We have over 3000 on one SSID without any issues.

You do have limitations to the amount of SSIDs you can have (16). And you want to limit the amount of clients per AP. Meaning you dont want 20+ clients per AP all using heavy data/voip for obvious reasons ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im not aware of any specific limitations to the amount of clients per SSID. We have over 3000 on one SSID without any issues.

You do have limitations to the amount of SSIDs you can have (16). And you want to limit the amount of clients per AP. Meaning you dont want 20+ clients per AP all using heavy data/voip for obvious reasons ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thank you for the fast response; you provided the exact answer I was looking for. Thanks again.

no problem ... if you find this post helpful please rate it ... Im trying to catch up to the mighty Leo and Fella! LOL

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: