cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how many user(pc) does AP 1200 series support?and how many mobile?

mkhriesa
Level 1
Level 1

how many user(max number of pc) does AP 1200 series support?and how many mobile?

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Too many variables to mention: 

1.  What is your uplink speed?  10/100/1000 Mbps? 

2.  What radio and what data rates are enabled? 

3.  How noisy (wifi) is the environment? 

4.  Wireless NIC drivers and compatibility issues? 

5.  Distance from the AP? 

6.  What kind of traffic?  Email, web, chat, HD video streaming? 

Rule of thumb is 25 wireless clients per AP.  The number can fluctuate base on some of the variables mentioned above.

What Leo said.... 25 is a good number, I wouldn't go past that unless you have a reliable RF environmnet.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear

thanks for your reply, i just want to know if the client is PC or mob is there a different of the number of supported client ?

please check and advise?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/28216/how-many-wireless-clients-access-point-can-support

Usually 25 Mobile Users make much less traffic than 25 Laptop Users.

Less traffic could lead you into more available resources on the AP, but I wouldn't go above 30.

Dear

thanks for your reply, i just want to know if the client is PC or mob is there a different of the number of supported client ?

please check and advise?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/28216/how-many-wireless-clients-access-point-can-support

PC, mobile device, tablets ... the answer is still the same. There are TOO MANY VARIABLES to make a definite answer and your description, just one very, very vague sentence, isn't going to help. FYI: We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are trying to do and what you currently have.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AP has the physical capacity to handle 2048 MAC addresses, but, because the AP is a shared medium and acts as a wireless hub, the performance of each user decreases as the number of users increases on an individual AP. Ideally, not more than 24 clients can associate with the AP because the throughput of the AP is reduced with each client that associates to the AP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card