cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get a list of scanned SSID with MAR 3200?

bombardiert
Level 1
Level 1

We have a MAR3200 with a 4.9GHz WMIC wired to our network. On the wireless side, the WMIC is configured as non-root bridge. On our network, we want to see the SSID that the WMIC can connect to (the SSIDs that are broadcasted by nearby access points). Can we use SNMP for that? And if yes, can we force the non-root bridge WMIC to connect to a specific SSID once we find out which one we want to connect to?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

bombardiert
Level 1
Level 1

When I walk the snmp table: cd11IfAuxSsidTable, I only find the SSID that are configured in the non-root bridge WMIC, however I want to be able to find all the SSID that the unit can see and decide which ssid to join.

I also thought of using cd11IfRogueApDetectedTable but that table is always empty.

What I am trying to do it basically provide a list of SSID to the laptop user (similar to the one avaiable through wirless connections in Windows) and let one Laptop user decide which SSID to join, however with the MAR I don't see how to do this basic operation (the laptop is wired to the MAR).

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card